Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's been a while

I know that it's been quite a while since my last post. In my last post I talked about loosing our dog, Asia. I was literally emotionally drained after that post. I spent the rest of the night crying. We may have an unhealthy attachment to our dogs, we may be normal as far as our dogs go. They are part of our family. Those of you that are friends with me on Facebook know that I am a huge animal lover. I follow a lot of animal friendly sites. I've even noticed that in Michigan there's a bill that they're trying to get passed called Logan's Law. The law is to create a registry for animal abusers. I personally think that this should be nation wide. I realize that this is a fertility/adoption blog and I will get to that in just a second. If you get a chance just go to the Logan's Law Facebook page and read Logan's story.

If you're struggling with infertility. You know how it feels when everyone around you is announcing that they're pregnant. We were no exception. My husbands sister and my sister had announced pregnancies. My husbands sister gave birth to our adorable niece in April.

In June my sister went to her sonogram to find out the sex of the baby only to find out that they couldn't find a heartbeat. Turning my sister and her husbands world upside down. Her D&C was scheduled the next day. Our whole family felt the loss but it broke my heart knowing that my sister was going through something so devastating. She's an incredibly strong woman and she focused on her two boys. I know that they'll try to have another baby when they're ready. It's difficult to write about what my sister went through because even though we all felt the terrible loss, I won't say that I understand HER loss.

I do have more to talk about but I will leave that for my post in the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment